Our full-scale vineyard management services include everything vineyard development to labor contracting services. Precision Ag is one of the only vineyard management companies on the California Central Coast with a doctorate of agronomics on staff. Our company president, Dr. Lowell Zelinski, has a Ph.D. from the University of California, Davis in soil-plant-water relations. He has worked hard to apply his 30 years of educational and experience in agriculture to viticulture production practices in Paso Robles. We pay close attention to detail in the day-to-day operations of our vineyards, and provide our customers with personalized service to fit their needs. At Precision Ag, no vineyard is too large or too small to receive the same great service.
Vineyard Production Consulting
While we believe that the best way to produce premium quality wine grapes is to have your vineyard professionally managed, we also realize that this one-size-fits-all approach does not work for every growers and every vineyard size. This is why we also offer individualized vineyard production consulting services. These services are specially designed to suit your needs and are billed on an hourly basis.
We also offer specialized vineyard production consulting services, such as:
• Irrigation Scheduling -- Weekly irrigation scheduling services using soil and plant monitoring and water budgeting with information collected from on-site visits and CIMIS weather data.
• Soil Moisture Monitoring Services, Sales and Support -- Precision Ag Consulting is the only authorized distributor of Decagon Soil Moisture Monitoring Equipment on the California Central Coast. We offer product services and weekly monitoring services using the Decagon Ech20 monitoring system, and specialize in services, sales and support of the Decagon products. We also service and support other manufacturers' soil moisture monitoring equipment.
• Laboratory Sampling and Analysis Services
• Water Quality Appraisals -- We conduct water sampling services to evaluate the suitability of irrigation water for wine grape production. We will collect the samples, have them analyzed by a professional lab and provide you with a detailed interpretation of the analysis and help you with recommendations on what to do with the information. Water quality analysis includes tests for salinity, permeability, toxicity, and nitrate-nitrogen Levels
• Tissue Sampling -- Petiole analysis services, ERISA sampling and analysis and Eutypa are a few of the tissue sampling services we provide.
• Fertility Management -- We can help you determine fertilizer requirements through the use of plant tissue sampling for nitrogen, potassium, phosphorus, zinc, boron and other minor nutrients. We also provide petiole sampling services and can develop a nutrient budget for your vineyard.
• Nutrient Budgeting
• Pest (Disease and Insect) Monitoring -- We offer weekly pest and disease monitoring services in conjunction with our soil moisture monitoring service packages. We also offer hourly consulting services to assist you pest management issues.
• Soil Suitability Investigations -- Whether you have an existing vineyard or are planning a new one, we can assist you. We develop soil surveys for texture, drainage, rooting depth, uniformity, salinity levels, and pH. These tests help manage different areas individually and this leads to greater uniformity.